The Dragon Dance Team of the University of Macau was established in March 2019, aiming at inheriting and promoting the Chinese traditional culture. It gives great opportunities for students to contribute their strength, develop their potential and maintain physical fitness. We currently have 23 team members, consisting of undergraduate and postgraduate students coming from Macau, Hong Kong, Mainland China and overseas. The Dragon Dance Team members are comprehensive, adaptable and convivial in creating a diverse and harmonious team atmosphere.
The Dragon Dance Team is managed by the Office of Sports Affairs (OSA), which follows the same rights and obligations as a university team. OSA provides free training and exchanging opportunities to the team members; accordingly, team members actively perform at all kinds of celebrations and events. Thus far, the team has participated in numerous internal and external performances, such as UM Open Day, sports events’ opening ceremonies, celebration banquets, and so on and so forth.
Team Member’s Benefits:
- Free dragon dance regular training and basic percussion instruments guidance;
- Opportunities to be recommended for attending exchange trips to local or foreign universities;
- Opportunities to be recommended for participating in the summer program with subsidies;
- Team member who has an attendance rate of 80% or above will receive 400 CS point in every academic year.
Team Member’s Obligations:
- Follow the team rules;
- Attend the weekly regular training and the additional training before performance on time;
- Participate in various performances and competitions.
Contact and Enquiry:
- Office of Sports Affairs（N8-1017）
- Mr. Luis Hung
- Phone Number: 88224931
- E-mail: email@example.com