The Dragon Dance Team of the University of Macau was established in March 2019. It aims at inheriting and promoting the traditional Chinese culture, enhancing students’ sense of national pride. It also provides students with the opportunities to develop their potential and maintain physical fitness. We currently have 23 team members, consisting of undergraduate and post-graduate students coming from Macau, Hong Kong, Mainland China and overseas. The team members are compatible and inclusive, creating a diverse and harmonious group atmosphere.
The Dragon Dance Team is affiliated to the Office of Sports Affairs of University of Macau. It has the rights and follows obligations as a university team. The university provides free training and exchanging opportunities for team members. Accordingly, team members actively perform at all kinds of celebrations and events. Up to now, the team has participated in quantities of performances inside and outside the university, such as UM Open Day, sports event’s opening ceremony, celebration dinner and so on.
Team Member Benefits:
- Free dragon dance training and basic percussion instruments guidance;
- Opportunities to be recommended to exchange trips to local or foreign universities;
- Opportunities to be recommended to participate in the summer program and obtain subsidies;
- Team members who have an attendance rate of 80% or above will receive 400 CS point every school year.
Team Member Obligations:
- Follow team rules;
- Attend weekly regular training and additional training before performance on time;
- Participate in various performances and competitions of the Dragon Dance Team.
Contact and Enquiry:
- Office of Sports Affairs（N8-1017）
- Mr. Luis Hung
- Phone Number: 88224931
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org