The University of Macau (UM) was founded in 1981 as a private institution by the name of University of East Asia. Through three decades’ development, it has become a leading university in Macao – with English as the main medium of instruction.
UM currently has more than 7,000 students and 400 teaching staff members. UM is committed to producing outstanding graduates for society, becoming a world-class university, providing elite undergraduate education, developing a high-calibre faculty team, enhancing the development of unique academic programmes, and building an efficient and environmentally friendly campus.
In addition, UM is dedicated in developing Sports Affairs. Currently, there are 18 University Sports Teams, including Badminton Team, Dragon Boat Team, Fencing Team, Karate Team, Korfball Team, Martial Arts Team, Rock Climbing Team, Soccer Team, Squash Team, Swimming Team, Table Tennis Team, Taekwondo Team, Tennis Team, Track and Field Team, Basketball Team (Men and Women) and Volleyball Team (Men and Women).
Every year, UM Sports Team participate in various sports competitions, including:
- National Inter-Varsity Championship
- Macau Inter-Varsity Games – Series of Competitions
- Competitions organized by various Macau sports associations and sub-organizations
- Friendly competitions between UM and local / non-local higher education instititions
By becoming a member of UM Sports Teams, you may enjoy different benefits:
- Representing UM to participate in various competitions
- Receiving subsidy for participating non-local competitions and trainings
- Being trained by professional team coaches
- Having priority in joining activities organized or arranged by Student Affairs Section
- Having the opportunity to receive sports scholarships
Insurance Policy for Local / Outbound Training and Competition
|Insurance Policy for Local / Outbound Training and Competition||Details|